View Single Post

Old 03-11-2024, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachKandSportsguy View Post
From a technical data web site, very impressive.

From the CEO of a public company vendor, $SOUN, which provides AI voice interactions to fast food restaurants implemented voice interactions in drive throughs:

These will replace human labor, and the ratio of programmers to displaced humans is vastly sucked higher in displaced humans than programmers.

Don't believe the AI hype trying to downplay human replacements

For me, I never did think it was impossible. It started in the 80's with the ATM. Sunpass in the 90's, Both put millions out of work.
Then, Google, Bing, ask a question and get an answer. No more manual maps so no Companies needed to manufacture them. Less books = less Librarians stocking shelves and coding the books.

One of the first IPO's I read in establishing a line of credit for a client was in touch screen menus for the service staff to enter their orders. That was in 1997. Now, at McDonald's the customer enters that order. =more lost jobs.
AI has been on the move for 30 plus years.

For myself, I think mobile phones in the late 80s were imperative for safety and emergencies. Internet searches has made us lazy, addicted and robotic in our emotional connections.