View Single Post

Old 03-12-2024, 07:10 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,154 Times in 577 Posts
Default So

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill14564 View Post
There is no such thing as Wildwood Fire. Fire protection for Wildwood is provided by the Sumter County Fire Department (SCFD).

When the VPSDDD becomes active:
- Sumter County residents within the VPSDDD boundaries will pay VPSDDD assessments.
- Those outside the boundaries will pay a new, yet to be determined, SCFD MSTU assessment.
- No one will pay both assessments.
- Theoretically, the Sumter County property tax rate will be decreased by the 1.3mils that is currently funding fire protection in the county.

I did not hear the details on how the agreements with Marion and Lake counties may be adjusted to accommodate the VPSDDD assessment structure. The two upcoming meetings would be the ideal place for those residents to ask that question.

A higher tax for the unincorporated portion of Sumter County makes no sense. A property is either within a taxing district or it is not. My home is within Sumter County but it is not within Wildwood; from what you wrote it sounds like yours is within Wildwood which means it is also within Sumter County. There is no "outside Wildwood" taxing district or municipality to collect the taxes. Any increase to my Sumter County tax would also increase your Sumter County tax.
So there won’t be a Wildwood Department after all is said and done? The entire city of Wildwood will use VSPDDD?

That’s good to know, we already are paying for unincorporated’s share of police which theoretically is unlawful. It would make zero sense for us to pay for a Wildwood fire department (our city) and the VSPDDD.

Of course it would only make sense to have the county charge the unincorporated a higher rate if that were the case.

My guess is Bushnell, Panasoffkee, Coleman, Sumterville and Webster residents may have something to say if what you say is true. They will all utilize the VSPDDD.

“Everyone may not be good, but there's always something good in everyone. Never judge anyone shortly because every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.” - Oscar Wilde

Last edited by Normal; 03-12-2024 at 07:37 AM.