View Single Post

Old 03-12-2024, 09:16 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,999 Times in 4,165 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieKoblas View Post
Being a new resident of the Villages I was excited to start finding some clubs and activities to join but I have run into a few frustrations. Can anyone else relate? Seasoned villagers, constructive advice welcome.

- The Villages app and website searches don't always show the activity I am searching for or show what I can clearly see in the Weekly Recreation Activity Schedule that is published on Thursdays at the Rec Centers

- Have gone to several activities to find out it is just for preformed groups (games, cards ets) or it is a performance group (ie dance type groups).

- Some groups their name is so unclear as to what or who the group/activity is even for

- Using the filter for event type is fairly pointless since most activities are listed under social so you will still be stuck scrolling through almost all of the days activities (at least in the printed paper, the simple division of indoor activities and sports activities makes it more user friendly).

- Contact info on the website is nice but 9 times out of 10 I don't even hear back from the activities coordinator

- The list here on Talk of the Villages is so out of date, almost all the activities I looked into either didn't exist anymore or had the wrong date and time. ( I do like the additional information that was provided about the activities though so I knew if it was an activity that was a good fit for me).

Basically I think there is room for improvement in the Villages Calendar on the website and app to explore to activities and provide more information on each activity.
Welcome to TOTV. Your first post and it's a complaint. You'll do quite well on this site.

As far as the rest of it goes, I have no answer----perhaps address the question to the Recreation Department.