View Single Post

Old 03-12-2024, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
I think the best way to find what you want is to go to an activity you like at the time it is advertised in The Weekly Recreational magazine and find out for yourself. You see what they are doing and if you can join or they may have a suggestion for you, if you need to learn the game etc. Some activities, like woodworking have a long waiting list. Sometimes I find I’d like to do something that is not listed and I’ve been tempted to start a group. You might decide to do that yourself. I’m a Snowflake - not always here - so I hesitate to start a group and not be here for them all the time.

Activities are often local or volunteer led so it’s not like a class you pay for and you have a reserved spot. Fortunately most people are friendly and if you stick around, and there is room, they invite you in. It takes work but once you’re in, you’re on a roll. Good luck!
Reminds of when we were there last summer there was a trivia contest that I thought would be fun. Except when I called and talked to the guy he didn’t mention the fact that he charges $10 a head. When we got there and it was time to pay I didn’t bring any money and he didn’t accept credit cards. Lesson learned.

But in answer to your question regarding you’re not being there 100% of the time (who is?) get someone or two that will be the leader when you’re not there. Problem solved.