View Single Post

Old 03-13-2024, 08:54 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,481 Times in 2,100 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
Thanks, but the poster who asked the question (Post No. 14), said that some of his neighbors have a red light and some have a green light, not two lights. Also, it doesn't sound logical that a green light would indicate a malfunction. A lot of people in The Villages do not get their electricity from SECO, so perhaps this is a different model surge protector?
Yes, you're right, it is likely those are different protectors. When the SECO person called back she mentioned that I had a 200A service which makes me think there might be a different protector for a larger service. SECO vice Leesburg electric, 200A vice larger service, utility installed vice Amazon purchase.... all could explain why the lights might be different.

It doesn't sound logical that a green light would indicate a malfunction. A light that is off when it should be on makes sense (I should have two lights on). A light that is red when it should be green makes sense. But turning a red light to green as an indication of a malfunction isn't logical. It probably would cut down on trouble calls though: "the light is green so it must be good."

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough