View Single Post

Old 03-14-2024, 07:29 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,002 Times in 4,168 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDawgInLakeDenham View Post
The real crime in your scenario is that the dying patient could only get Tylenol. This is a real and sad fact about our Healthcare in this country and Lord help us if we actually need pain medication, thanks to lawyers and legislators.

After a career in hospitals I have to speak up and say that I, without a doubt, never saw any Healthcare worker trying to kill a patient. First and foremost, I would have stopped them. If someone was not competent in their job performance I would have reported to my supervisor and removed them from the situation. I can make that judgment because I have enough knowledge to do that...and I have. Healthcare workers are human people with loved ones, and we always think about how we would want our loved ones taken care of. Healthcare professionals are hard on each other, if needed, and scrutinize their work because we take pride in our chosen profession. Some people you just can't please...no way, no how, and that's a sorry fact. You lose control of the life you HAD when something bad happens to you. Change is hard.

I've witnessed people become angry because they don’t have control of disease processes and can't save their loved ones. They use this anger against those that have helped the best they are allowed. When you enter the Healthcare system with an illness, you use lose control because of that illness, but you lash out against those trying help, in attempts to have some control over something. This is a common thing. Blaming others for lose of loved ones is common....unfortunately I can only blame myself for my lost loved ones because I feel like I should have been able to, when realistically, I couldn't.

I'm not claiming to know anything about TV's hospital because I've never been a patient.....yet. I might end up working there but I cannot predict my future. Every hospital has lovers and haters....just like everything else in life. A real question is....if you're minutes away from death would you say "I won't go to TV Hospital"? Just a question
I’m sorry. I didn’t see the part of my post that stated the patient could ONLY get Tylenol. Did you?????