View Single Post

Old 03-15-2024, 09:18 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,638 Times in 3,158 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowlingal View Post
Jamie....go to Village Community Development Districts and go to the recreation tab. All activities are listed. Also, be aware it is high season. Everything is booked up at least an hour before the activity starts. Should lighten up after April 1
I just did that. I've had the same frustration as the OP, I just never complained about it. So I filtered my search for what I wanted:

In Progress/Future, Dance, La Hacienda Recreation, Spanish Springs Town Square, Lake Sumter Landing Market Square, Paradise Rec Center.

I just tabbed back over to see if I could widen the search and find some options. I reset and removed all filter criteria. Added back in "dance" with no location or time preference.

I found - five listings, four of which are full, and the Country Dance Partner Improver has 2 spots left.

No belly dancing, no hula dancing - no listings for either. Now, I know there are groups for both. There are official clubs for both. And yet - they don't show up in a search. They might be in there somewhere but the search engine isn't working correctly.

Results:
None.
There are no dance-related activities/clubs at any of those places happening currently or in the future. OBVIOUSLY that isn't true. But also OBVIOUSLY, this search engine doesn't work as some people think it should. If it worked as we assumed it would, no one would have trouble finding what they wanted.

UPDATE:

You won't find anything if you don't log in, you'll only find activities available for the public. If you log in, you get to see activities available for Villagers with IDs in addition to activities for the public.

HOWEVER

You won't find clubs. You'll only find activities that are offered BY The Villages Recreation department. If you're looking to join a Bellydancing club, you won't find it using the search engine.

Last edited by OrangeBlossomBaby; 03-15-2024 at 09:32 AM.