View Single Post

Old 03-15-2024, 07:37 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianL99 View Post
I suspect not, because VLS is a closed loop. They don't cooperate with brokers outside their owned offices.

When I read the original court decision, it sounded like it only applied to "cooperating brokers", presumably from different agencies.
Still, the lawsuit involves commissions. I would think VLS could not force a seller to pay buyer agents' commissions. They could convey themselves as each agent working under the same umbrella. The commissions would be a set rate. I do not believe buyers would list their properties with VLS if commissions were higher than MLS.

Many people now understand a buyer's agent is not necessary. Convenient? Yes. But moving forward, not many will want to pay for their services. It is possible to search MLS listings yourself, do some drivebys, then contact the listing agent to show you the interior. Unless you are worried about inspections and the paperwork, a buyers agent is not worth paying. IMO, only out-of-town deals need a buyers agent. The agent does all the footwork their client cannot because they live in another state.

Last edited by margaretmattson; 03-15-2024 at 07:50 PM.