View Single Post

Old 03-16-2024, 08:13 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,685 Times in 3,173 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesR View Post
I hope to soon be a resident in the villages. I will be moving from out of state and away from everyone I know. As a resident of the villages does anyone know if there is a service or person I could pay to bring me to medical appointments and stay there and give me a ride home? I'm thinking only about appointments for procedures that require anesthesia where someone is required to stay at the office and drive me home, like cataract surgery etc. I'm perfectly healthy but any unknown upcoming procedure that involves anesthesia would require me to find someone to stay at the doctor's office and bring me home since driving would be prohibited. I know neighbors would most likely help, but is there any professional service that would do this for a fee?
I don't have an answer, but it's a good question. You could check with a home care company like Happier At Home. They serve the Villages and are based out of Wildwood. They offer medical transport services, but I don't know if it's just part of normal in-home care, or if they offer it as a stand-alone service. Even if they don't provide it to people who aren't needing home-care, they might know of resources for you that do.