Thread: Sprouts ?
View Single Post

Old 03-18-2024, 10:29 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,022 Times in 4,179 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
You are free to bring reusable bags to any store, and to do whatever you want to improve the environment. Charging 10 cents for a bag is not about the money. But, a lot of people are turned off by those who want to force other people's behavior. The Sprouts policy to charge for bags is just a stupid idea that is costing them business because a lot of people resent being told what to do. If they actually wanted to reduce the amount of plastic, why do they package most of their products in plastic?
Totally agree. If I went there I'd make a statement by bringing my plastic bags from Publix.
I also get all my statements, bills and correspondence by e-mail, except for one. That business did not ask to go paperless because of convenience or because it was saving money. It was to "reduce their carbon footprint"---the perfect phrase for me to continue to get paper from them until I die. And this business is not stupid---they're simply catering to the stupid people who think the global warming sky is falling.