View Single Post

Old 03-20-2024, 08:17 AM
TOTV SPONSOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoolBrews View Post
I have an Evolution D5 Ranger 4 with the 205ah battery. I am closing in on 1,000 miles with zero issues. While the range is great, anyone that says they're getting 70+ miles is exaggerating. The cart is very consistent at 7 miles per 10% charge. allowing for not taking the battery below 10%, that would give a max range of 63 miles.

I live as far North in The Villages as you can get - just off hwy 42 in Phillips Villas. I have driven my cart to Southern Oaks, played 18 and after returning, my battery was at 25%.

I would rather have folks have a reasonable expectation as to real life battery range.

One other very important point. The D5 Ranger with the stock 225/55r14 tires will not pass under 4 of The Villages tunnels. It's too tall. The single worst tunnel in The Villages is the Saddlebrook tunnel. I had my tires replaced with 205/45r12 tires, and that allows to cart to get under all tunnels in The Villages. Simply replacing with the stock 215/35r14 tires from the Classic cart does not lower it enough to get under the Saddlebrook tunnel. The other benefit to the smaller tires is greater range. Every 3" in diameter reduction results in a 10% increase in range. This is documented in testing conducted by Tesla. The actual range of a D5 Ranger with 205ah battery and stock tires is more likely to be in the high 50's.

Now that that's out of the way, the cart itself is outstanding. I love everything about it!
Thank you for the response. I would love to take a poll from the current D5 owners so future D5 owners will know what to reasonably expect.
Here is a quote from one of my customers. Mr. Smith posted this on a thread a few days ago.

“I got a 2024 baby blue Ranger with the 205 amp hour battery and love it. We are getting 65 miles to a charge with 10/15% battery remaining.”

Getting 70 miles is doable and can happen but like you, I would advise not drive it down less than 10% or they might get stranded, or they might make it, why gamble though.

I think a poll from current D5 owners will help us all determine to realistically expect for range on the 205.

We have sold quite a few in the villages with two customers coming back asking us to lower their tops. We can lower the top 2.5 inches. We have not heard back from those customers saying it is not low enough.
I would love to hear from any D5 owner about their tunnel experiences, it will help us all.