View Single Post

Old 03-20-2024, 10:33 AM
TOTV SPONSOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeRoySmith View Post
Are you using the speedometer for your calculations or a gps? Changing the tire size would require a speedometer adjustment to be accurate for speed or distance. Mine is all stock, I get 6 miles per 10% of SOC, I get that info from watching as I drive and it seems to click off pretty consistently. That said my longest run was 63 miles and I had 10% remaining so that kinda shoots holes in my 6 miles per 10% of battery charge. I'm not sure how accurate the gauges are, SOC, speed or distance.

Changing the tire diameter impacts efficiency during acceleration therefore better battery mileage, you also reduce your unsprung weight by having smaller tires which also improves efficiency and handling. On the other side a smaller tire is a bit rougher ride and reduces gearing therefore top speed (which you could fix via controller adjustment).

We really enjoy the cart so far. This is my first EV of any kind so its a nice way to dip your toe in before the world forces you into it fully. My only criticism is the sound/light bar, I'm not too worried about the sound but I'd much rather have turn and stop lights on teh back of the bar rather than disco lights or a red strip.
Give me a call at 863-812-1882, I will take care of the rear light for you. We have them in stock and you will be happy with the price. Thanks, Ray Hilliard