View Single Post

Old 03-20-2024, 01:34 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,893 Times in 5,318 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
A stranger is in my home when I walk in, do you think they don’t want to harm me? If they wanted my permission they would have asked me first. They don’t need a weapon to harm me. And I think my actions tend to be a reflex, automatic under danger. Like blinking, it just occurs naturally in the presence of danger. Some people freeze some people react. Generally, I don’t carry but that does not mean that the nearest thing to me can’t be used.
If you are dealing with a competent squatter, you wouldn't be able to walk in because they would have changed the locks.

But, if you execute a legal lease to a squatter hunter, they can hire a locksmith to change the locks, and move in with all the same rights as the squatter. They can bring a large dog (or two) who barks a lot and is not house broken, play loud music 24/7, make a huge mess in the kitchen and bathrooms, and walk around the house with loaded AK-47. I would also think they could remove all the interior doors and put them in storage. This is all legal and will get rid of the squatters much faster than a lawyer and a civil court.