View Single Post

Old 03-20-2024, 02:52 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,481 Times in 2,100 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy and Ed View Post
My wife and I went to Bonefish Grill on 466 for lunch and met a neighbor already seated so we joined her.

I told the waitress we were on separate tabs.

As requested, we receive separate bills. Our neighbor paid with cash plus one of those free $10 promo certificates.

Bonefish Grill honors military discounts and my wife and I are both 20+ year veterans. She returned with our credit card and told us that since “the table” used a gift certificate already we were ineligible to receive the customary military discount for our meal - only one discount to the same table regardless if on separate bills as a matter of “corporate policy”.

Sounded irrational to me but decided not to embarrass my wife, my neighbor or myself to call in a manager for a couple of bucks and let it go. But still…

My wife and I were dining together on a separate check, the neighbor paid her bill first while we waited to pay ours. Again, it just doesn’t make a bit of sense

What say ye??
So now you know and can consider that when choosing a restaurant next time.

Not the server’s fault for a corporate policy but I wonder how well it would go over if you had a one tip per table policy and put the single tip in the check that received the discount. For some reason I believe that the two checks would then be seen as separate and each worthy of separate tips even thought they weren’t worthy of separate discounts.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough