View Single Post

Old 03-21-2024, 05:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy and Ed View Post
My wife and I went to Bonefish Grill on 466 for lunch and met a neighbor already seated so we joined her.

I told the waitress we were on separate tabs.

As requested, we receive separate bills. Our neighbor paid with cash plus one of those free $10 promo certificates.

Bonefish Grill honors military discounts and my wife and I are both 20+ year veterans. She returned with our credit card and told us that since “the table” used a gift certificate already we were ineligible to receive the customary military discount for our meal - only one discount to the same table regardless if on separate bills as a matter of “corporate policy”.

Sounded irrational to me but decided not to embarrass my wife, my neighbor or myself to call in a manager for a couple of bucks and let it go. But still…

My wife and I were dining together on a separate check, the neighbor paid her bill first while we waited to pay ours. Again, it just doesn’t make a bit of sense

What say ye??
I agree with everything you said in your post. A discount for being a veteran and a promo coupon or voucher are like apples and oranges. As it’s the restaurant’s corporate policy to offer military discounts to its customers, you and your wife should have received that discount — whether you’re dining at a table with other people, at the bar or wherever.

Having said that, I think you were correct in not making an issue out of it. After all, it’s just 10 percent off the check. So for example, $3 off a $30 check. But it’s the principle of the thing, just feels unfair. Btw Your neighbor got a pretty good deal though, a $10 coupon/voucher off of her lunch bill, so good for her.

By the way, Thank you for your service, your wife as well!