View Single Post

Old 03-22-2024, 09:25 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,654 Times in 3,167 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplesimonsaid View Post
Can't wait for the response if similarly dressed start wandering through neighborhoods. Could be a different tune
There's a guy with dreadlocks who walks down Paradise, and then over the golf cart bridge. He works at one of the restaurants, and doesn't own a car, and lives closer to Walmart. He also plays the steel drum. Sweet kid, I've picked him up in the golf cart when I've seen him on his way wherever I'm going, and given him a ride at least closer to where I found him.

There's another guy who lives in the neighborhood, he's hard-core into goth (I know - SO last Monday but there's no accounting for taste). Hair dyed jet black, pasty white skin, multiple piercings and inks, black kohl eyeliner, wears all black clothes with studded bracelets, brooding expression, the whole nine yards. I've never experienced a moment's trouble from him. Not sure which house he lives in, somewhere up Paradise. I see him walking around somewhat often. He's always going in the opposite direction from me, otherwise I'd offer him a ride too.

There are a couple of home health aids who walk to the homes, and take a bus from somewhere on 441. Same thing as the goth guy - if I ever saw one walking in the same direction I was heading, I'd offer to give them a ride at least to the Boone Gate (if they're heading home) or to the house they're working at (they work in houses either on the same street as me, or the street behind mind).

Some of us have embraced the "Friendliest Town" mentality and try to emulate the concept. Others would prefer to live in fear of "other." It's their prerogative. I spend most of my day feeling joyful about my own existence, despite the negativity and toxicity of others.