View Single Post

Old 03-23-2024, 09:09 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,152 Times in 576 Posts
Default Rather front load

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
I own Vanguard index mutual funds. The S&P 500 stock index, a short term bond index bond fund, a total market bond index fund, a high yield corporate bond index fund, and a money market fund. Vanguard and Fidelity both offer similar funds, ETFs, and active management based on a percentage of your portfolio. However, I don't pay any portfolio percentage fee or the higher expense ratios required to own the actively managed mutual funds. Vanguard and Fidelity are both good companies, but I would suggest that you compare your total returns to the returns you would have achieved if you had invested in the index funds I listed, and paid no fees. You can also compare them to the Fidelity index funds. You may find that you have been wasting your money.

Another company that provides financial management using a portfolio percentage fee is Fisher Investments, but I think their fees are higher than Fidelity and Vanguard.

I would definitely stay away from annuities.
I would rather front load on a Fidelity Fund than pay a percentage

“Everyone may not be good, but there's always something good in everyone. Never judge anyone shortly because every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.” - Oscar Wilde