View Single Post

Old 03-23-2024, 10:30 AM
Smile

I am sorry for your wife's pain. I was diagnosed with a disk problem over 2 years ago but without the serious pain. The first neurosurgeon I saw (John Main in Ocala) said if I did not get surgery to fuse two disks right away, something very serious could happen. Instead of rushing into that, I got two other expert opinions both of which recommended holding off on surgery until symptoms increase and impact my lifestyle. Now 2.5 years later, thankfully I still haven't needed the surgery and am still enjoying pickleball, etc. I recommend the following neurosurgeons:

• Dr. Nohra El Chalouhi (UF Neurosurgery,Gainesville); 352-273-9000 or 352.265.7763
• Dr. Mitchell Supler (Ocoee, FL); https://massonsi.com; 407-649-8585

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryLBell View Post
My wife has what is apparently a ruptured disc which may need surgery. All of the neurosurgeons we've contacted in The Villages (and Ocala and Leesberg) can't even see her for a month, much less do surgery on her. She's in a huge amount of pain and is having to use a wheelchair as she can't even walk with a walker. She needs to see somebody soon but still needs to see somebody who is really good. Can anybody recommend a neurosurgeon outside of The Villages, such as in Orlando, Tampa or Gainesville?