View Single Post

Old 03-23-2024, 09:35 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xhippee View Post
This was almost amusing. Went to Napolinos last night with another couple. I told the waitress I'd like chicken parm, with linguini and white clam sauce. She said it would be a $3 upcharge. I said ok. When it arrived 40 minutes later, the linguini was doused in a thick, white gravy...devoid of clams. When I pointed this out to the waitress, she said if I wanted clams in my clam sauce, I'd have to order it as a dinner. I actually laughed. First and last time for me there.
Sounds like your server had no idea what you wanted when you placed your order. The server should have asked questions. Do not condemn an entire restaurant and staff on one mistake. Unless, the people who dined with you didn't like their food. If everyone in your party agrees the food was awful, then move on!

We dined there twice and have not returned. Like most Italian restaurants here, it was mediocre at best. If we want a good Italian meal, we make it at home. We purchase pasta made in Italy, choose ripe tomatoes, and use fresh spices. The quality ingredients cost much less than eating out and our meal is always superb.

IMO, you will not get FRESH at Italian restaurants in the Villages. After many years of trying, we have eliminated all of them. We only dine at restaurants where meals are made to order.

Last edited by margaretmattson; 03-23-2024 at 10:04 PM.