Thread: Car Insurance
View Single Post

Old 03-25-2024, 12:59 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmspla1952 View Post
Received a letter from Travelers (car insurance) stating they will no longer continue coverage based on "your agent (AAA) no longer represents us for personal lines property and casualty business".

So I've started car insurance shopping. Sticker shock! The least expensive policy is $800 more than last year. The agent I'm working with included these articles:

Auto insurance rates this year have seen the largest increase in 47 years per CNN Business.

Car insurance rates just had their biggest annual jump in 47 years. This is why | CNN Business

Per the Washington Post article, auto rates on average went up 17% across the country but the state to state increases are drastically different. In Florida, they show an increase of 88%, by far the largest in the country.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...ims-disasters/

I'm still continuing to shop and some may say that an increase of $800 is good but my, my.
I have Travelers for my car insurance, but no agent. I buy it directly from Travelers. I switched states last year (from my former home state to Florida), & my insurance did go up a bit (more than $100, less than $200). I thought it wasn't too awful.