Thread: Home security
View Single Post

Old 03-25-2024, 01:27 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,795 Times in 5,288 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsloan1960 View Post
There are YouTube Videos that show how to fool alarms into thinking a door or window hasn't been opened. You can buy a $10 device on Amazon that defeats SimpliSafe alarms- point it at the door- open the door and the alarm doesn't trigger.

For this reason ALWAYS put the sign of a different alarm company in your front yard- especially if you have SimpliSafe. Example- if you have ADT in your house but a BRINKS sign in your yard. You can get signs and window stickers from any company on eBay or Amazon
I watched a YouTube video also, but the $10 device didn't work. A more expensive one did work. The reason it works is because the SimpliSafe system uses a fixed frequency for communication between the base unit and the detection devices. The defeating device creates interference within the security system by using the same frequency. I don't put any security company signs outside of my house. I think the SimpliSafe system is good enough to deter most burglers and way better than having nothing. It's very easy to install and operate.