View Single Post

Old 03-26-2024, 12:02 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,138 Times in 4,240 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisTee View Post
Ok. Well we don't know the whole story so that's just unfounded, lame snark. There are examples of people gaming the system all over but no way is there enough info here to call this 82 year old dude out as a gamer. Save rants for real examples of government welfare abuse when you have ALL the facts - you don't need to look hard, just smart.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrHitch View Post
This person may be living under somebody else's roof (no fixed cost) in both places, so it's judgemental to criticize his Medicaid eligibility IMHO.....
Thank you for your "replies". Rest assured, after I respond, I will file them where they belong, which is convenient since my dog just did #2.

To the second part first: These dual eligibility plans are a crock. They are shoveling out welfare through the back door in the guise of health insurance. Just another way to reach into everyone's (meaning net tax payers) pockets.

As far as not knowing the details, you guys are right, perhaps he is in an unusual circumstance. I never said he was a "gamer", but I don't see people who can afford to be "snowbirds" qualifying for Medicaid, in general. Perhaps he is on hemodialysis, in which case that's fine. But for the other 99%, it leaves a question.