View Single Post

Old 03-26-2024, 12:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,423 Times in 2,078 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bjeanj View Post
I just saw on the news that two people in a vehicle have been saved so far, thank goodness! Also heard that someone/people stopped traffic from entering the bridge when they saw what was happening. From what I understand, it’s a toll bridge, so they are able to determine whose vehicles were on the bridge when it collapsed. So sad. Also, the cargo ship did lose power and radioed that before the collision.
I doubt that would be much use. I believe the tolls in both directions are collected at the same place. This means while southbound tolls are collected approaching the bridge, northbound tolls are collected as you leave the bridge.

There would be a record of southbound vehicles approaching the bridge at the time but no record of whether they were over the bridge when the collapse occurred.

There would be a record of northbound vehicles that exited the bridge at the time but no record of vehicles that might have been on the bridge.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough