Old 03-26-2024, 03:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,457 Times in 2,096 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hape2Bhr View Post
From the Florida Rules of the Road handbook

Rule 9.6

Broken White Line
A broken white line separates two lanes traveling in the same direction. Once you have signaled and if it is safe to do so, you may cross this line when changing lanes.

It is common sense not to change lanes, but it is not against the law.
I don't believe I wrote anything different. One of these days I may look up the actual Florida statute - I don't believe crossing a solid white line is against the law either.

But drivers often aren't aware of what is against the law or simply do not care. Drivers are going to switch lanes in the RABs even though it is a bad idea and completely unnecessary.

EDIT: I couldn't find a Florida "Rules of the Road" handbook but I did find the "Official Florida Driver License Handbook." Roundabouts are explained on page 31. The fourth bullet in that section reads "Do not change lanes in the roundabout." Yes, the handbook also describes broken white lines, but the more specific section on roundabouts applies to this thread.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough

Last edited by Bill14564; 03-27-2024 at 07:54 AM.