View Single Post

Old 03-26-2024, 04:17 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,913 Times in 1,531 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugchief View Post
For a "playah par excellente", your comments reflect more like someone who has never played either tennis or pickleball.

The reason PB ball does not bounce higher is by design. If the ball bounces too high, it makes it too easy for your opponents to hit a kill shot. There are actually softer balls geared toward beginners with a higher bounce (Onyx). Advanced players wouldn't go near those Onyx balls.

As a 25 year tennis player who now exclusively plays advanced PB, I can tell you that without question PB is easier on your ankles, knees and hips. I can play PB 4 hours every day with no problem, but after 1.5 hours of singles tennis I would need at least 3 days off before the next match.

Not sure what made you draw your above conclusions, but they make about as much sense as your expert opinions on EVs.
I COACHED a tennis team that played against Andre Agassi in high school. I played a guy from the Bollettieri Tennis Academy that a year later turned pro and was ranked in the World top 10. And I may have forgotten another downside of Pickle Ball. That the "wristy" shots involve cause too much pressure in the wrists and forearms. AND, I am NOT even close to buying that Pickle Ball is easier on the knees and ankles than tennis. I have played doubles tennis for 4 hours at a time. I doubt that I could play Pickle Ball for 4 hours in a row - without dying of boredom! I think that we could find a study somewhere made by Physicians as to whether tennis or Pickle ball causes the most injuries. In fact, I think I will try Googling that question right now.

Last edited by jimjamuser; 03-26-2024 at 04:28 PM.