View Single Post

Old 03-27-2024, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
I have been diagnosed with a loss of cartlidge in my knee. I talking to several people that have been in similar situation it seems they all said to forget about the braces and injections, etc., and just go for the replacement, anything else is just delaying the inevitable. Also, many have said that the side procedure is much better than the front procedure.

So, I am looking for advice from people that have had this done and a recommendation for very good surgeon, as well any other firsthand advice, like who to stay away from.
Please feel free to use Private Message if you would prefer not to put your comments on the open site or to talk to me directly.

My goal is to get back to bowling and some golfing without the current pain.
I’ve had both knees replaced using Makoplasty, a robotic procedure using Stryker and small implants avoiding the entire knee replacement… thus keeping all the ligaments and the good parts. Twin Palms in Ocala, Derek Farr is the surgeon and has done 100s of partial knees. That is where I go now for maintenance checks. Mine was done in Colorado but there are a handful of docs in the area doing mako partial knees.. recovery is much shorter than a full knee. Now if all three knee compartments is bad, you will need a full knee.