View Single Post

Old 03-27-2024, 08:33 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,918 Times in 1,536 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altavia View Post
Exactly

2.D.5 Bounce. The ball shall have a bounce of 30 to 34 inches (76.2 to 86.4 cm) to the top of the ball when dropped from a height of 78 inches (198.1 cm) onto a granite surface plate that is a minimum of 12 inches (30.5 cm) by 12 inches (30.5 cm) by 4 inches (10.2 cm). The test is to be performed at an ambient temperature of 70 degrees F plus or minus 5 degrees F.

https://usapickleball.org/docs/eec/E...rds-Manual.pdf

Everything evolves. An example is indoor vs outdoor balls. Quiet balls and paddles are now in development.

USA Pickleball Announces Quiet Category for Pickleball Products - USA Pickleball
Now we are on the SAME page. I agree everything evolves. I am very GLAD to know that quieter balls and paddles are in development. That might make the contact softer and then there would be fewer wrist and forearm injuries. I remember a lady at my swimming pool whose Doctor put her wrist and forearm in a cast in order to prevent her from playing EVERY DAY even as she hurt herself. She was mesmerized by the newness of the sport.
..........The next thing that should be done is to change the surface to prevent ankle and knee injuries. Up north they play pickle ball inside on basketball gyms and the floors are normally WOOD which has some give to it and should be better on the lower legs of players. They should also experiment with other outdoor surfaces like for Florida. I remember playing tennis in Idaho on a plastic like waffle tile surface that was easy on the legs AND gave a VERY true bounce.
..........Also, i don't understand why The Villages does NOT open up the High School gym and other gyms for BOTH tennis and pickle ball play. Especially during the HOT afternoon summer time when virtually no one will be playing on either tennis or pickle ball courts.
...........There, you see that tennis players can be reasonable and help out the PICKLE-PRATTLERS.