View Single Post

Old 03-27-2024, 07:51 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk View Post
So almost 10% of the resale inventory (now of which were owned by the developer) closed last WEEK. That means it is a10 week rolling inventory average, which is considered very healthy in the real estate business.

People need to stop trying to turn facts into negative made-up commentary.
It is only negative made up commentary IF the homes sold were at asking price. Drastic reductions are across the board.

One poster felt the developer selling 150 homes is great news! It would be better news if preowned homes were selling the same amount. I guess you are not one of homeowners who have seen their homes sitting on the market for months with a large price reduction. A healthy market is in the eyes of the beholder. I was merely trying to show ALL are not happy with the real estate market. For many, the sky is indeed falling!

BTW: sales in one week in peak season cannot be used to come up with an overall average. You have to consider all the sales in a larger time period than ONE WEEK AT PEAK. If mine is negative made up commentary, SO IS YOURS.

It comes down to this, some of us see a downward price trend and some do not. I believe 10% sales at peak is weak. You believe it is healthy. Only time will tell which side is correct. Until then, let's just agree to disagree. It's all good!

Last edited by margaretmattson; 03-27-2024 at 08:56 PM.