View Single Post

Old 03-28-2024, 03:17 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,237 Times in 2,281 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumaduke View Post
Greetings everyone, my husband and I are considering a move to TV within the next few years. However, we have two requirements that I fear are diametrically opposed and may short-circuit our quest to ever become frogs.

Is there any area in TV where we might find a lot with a fenced-in back yard (for dogs) but does NOT utilize zero-lot-line construction for the home?

We are not willing to cave on either of these requirements. Our dogs are currently free-roaming on large acreage in the middle of nowhere, so a secure fence is paramount. We are also not comfortable with anyone else having any claim to access our property (nor with us needing to exercise the claim to access theirs).
You have one other problem you have not considered, Florida has predators and your dogs may not be safe unattended even in a fenced or walled yard. We have cats, they are allowed in the glassed lanai, and in the screened in birdcage during daylight hours, after that they are restricted to the house and the lanai.

If your plan is to allow the dogs access any time they want and you have a smaller dog, TV may not be a good choice, actually Florida may not be a good choice. Please do some additional research.