View Single Post

Old 03-28-2024, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerhiker View Post
Thanks for the condolences, maybe someone can direct me to help.
One TPMS (Tire Pressure Monitoring System) sensor died (battery powered).
Bought 4 new Genuine Honda sensors on-line from a Honda dealer (12-year-old car - just a matter of time before more sensors die).
Had them installed at Tires Plus in Leesburg. Good Job !
They tested and found one bad sensor, but all the new ones were transmitting. Read them, but could not program the new sensor numbers into the Control Unit thru the OBD port.

Called 6 independent shops in the area. Three said - not us. Three said - DEALER.
Since bent over in Ocala, researched a Honda manual, says the programming is done with a ATEC VT65.
While this is not a Honda only item, it is quite expensive. Not worth it for most shops.

Any referrals or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

misc: on these genuine Honda sensors, the old sensor numbers cannot be cloned onto the new ones.
(too bad I didn't learn that earlier - aftermarket ones can) Thanks Honda. Then voila, no programming of the control unit.
You spent the 15% just driving there before even getting “bent over”. I would have asked Tire Plus if they had a generic TPM’s for your car. I just had four non Toyota put on my Prius at around $100 per wheel. You did not say the specific model but you might research this site or subscribe to a Honda forum such a this for your answers. For TPMS’s the only way you can save is by installing them yourself (YouTube videos) and have it programmed afterwards. I doubt you will ever want to break the seal on 4 tires for this savings. Sometimes it’s best to pay the piper for some stuff, IMO. Hope this helps
Drive Accord Honda Forums