View Single Post

Old 03-28-2024, 04:46 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,581 Times in 1,324 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipping up to Boston View Post
I'm not going to challenge you or compare resumes. You don't know me and I dont know you. You missed the point. This is a forum...we're not in the theater of our professions on TOTV. The poster said.....and my point in challenging ...is that if all things are equal (please assume there is no DNR in place because she never mentioned one) she would refuse the services of unpaid professionals or volunteers. Even with the same resume and background that someone like yourself posts often. Obviously those wishes would be respected but the premise of paid vs unpaid is ridiculous. Again, we're not in the theater of our work....just the theater of the absurd.
Your post is I would be insulted if I was told they wanted to wait for EMS. My answer is still no, not in the least. If they asked me to leave I would, if they asked to sit and wait with them I would. Either way still wouldn’t be insulted. Most volunteers don’t need an ego trip, that I am as good as any _____________
It goes along the line if you are a male volunteer and the female is on the ground, you are asked to step back. One would never be insulted.

Why does bother some is first volunteer can’t get on their knees to do a assessment that is a disservice to the program.