View Single Post

Old 03-29-2024, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlR33 View Post
You spent the 15% just driving there before even getting “bent over”. I would have asked Tire Plus if they had a generic TPM’s for your car. I just had four non Toyota put on my Prius at around $100 per wheel. You did not say the specific model but you might research this site or subscribe to a Honda forum such a this for your answers. For TPMS’s the only way you can save is by installing them yourself (YouTube videos) and have it programmed afterwards. I doubt you will ever want to break the seal on 4 tires for this savings. Sometimes it’s best to pay the piper for some stuff, IMO. Hope this helps
Drive Accord Honda Forums
I was having a problem with my TPMS idiot light illuminating for a while last year. I checked with Tire Plus for cost and it was, indeed, approximately $107 per unit/wheel (2011 Corolla). I went to Walmart over on 466 and dropped the vehicle off while my wife and I went to Arby's for a quick bite. I told the counter guy to change any defective sensors in pairs, i.e., if the right front was bad, then replace the left front as well. Before we could bite into our sandwich, my phone was ringing so we went back to Walmart. The result: one sender was in need of RE-programming and all were now functioning properly = NO idiot light and it has been that way for about 18 months. I would say that was honest behavior and believe it or not NO CHARGE - I couldn't believe it. At the time, they advertised TPMS unit replacement at, IIRC, $28.75/unit (or thereabouts). I will be returning there if in need of repairs - after receiving an estimate first, of course!

FredF