View Single Post

Old 03-29-2024, 10:38 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerhiker View Post
Received my invitation in the mail to save on service. 15% off for Saturday service.

Got a verbal phone quote from 'service writer' and made an appointment, and mentioned my coupon.

When I got there, the reception "ticket writer" said sign here. I told her that is twice as much as guy on the phone told me, but I also noticed it was for "diagnostics" no mention of the single issue I went in for.

Oh, and by the way I told the original guy I had a 15% off coupon.
Received a smirk* - not worth the postcard it is written on.

Q. So will the diagnostics include fixing the problem?
ans: "No!"
Q. So how much more to fix the problem?
ans: "We can't tell you that until after the diagnostics."

So you want a blank check?
I walked in a huff. First and last trip there. Two gallons of gas, and three hours round-trip.
One strike and you are out ! Maybe my last Honda.

* smirk Non-verbal language translation:
"You are stupid, stupid, stupid."
from the movie Rain Man - Oscar for Dustin Hoffman, another award for Tom Cruise.
All these places have business licenses,my phantasy is that governing bodies that regulate them would send in "secret shoppers" who would document the "theft by deception " charge them criminally pull their license, one can only imagine how much money this would save the people in the community,, but the "trade " groups would have a real problem with this, so any politician who supported this kind of effort would see any campaign donation dry up and any opponent would see their donation skyrocket