View Single Post

Old 03-29-2024, 05:37 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueblaze View Post
I think it's an example of the stupidity of Florida insurance companies that they aren't all filling our mailboxes with offers to insure our 20-mph vehicles that probably didn't cost $10K and wouldn't cost them $3000 to replace if you totaled it. But I guess we shouldn't be surprised, since this is the same stupid crew that created the roofing scam with their idiotic "fool-replacement" roof policies.

Why do people think they need to be insured against every trivial risk in this life? Here's a better idea -- take the trivial risk, pocket the premiums, and save your kids from funding your final year on the planet some day. If you somehow manage to wreck your cart beyond your means to repair it, no more golf cart. Big deal. I guess you'll just have to get by with your CAR and renting a cart for golf -- for a grand total of $7 a round. I think you'll survive.
I look at golf cart insurance as protecting me against being sued. I less care about being able to repair my cart. Much like your auto insurance, you carry more liability.