View Single Post

Old 03-29-2024, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlR33 View Post
While this may seem a harsh response I would agree that at some point they may need full time care and you have already given them ~2 years of an extension away from that? Our parents have went from apartment in a care home to full time health care in around 4 years time. It’s tuff to do and good luck. You also need your time to yourself while you can still enjoy your life.
I appreciate the comment but the reality is that the best we've found is one aid per 10 residents. That works out to 6 minutes per hour and that's not enough to care for their needs.

I'm not staying we're opposed to...at some point...putting them in a facility and hoping for the best. It's just that *right now* we're not ready for 1/10th of an aid's time at this point. We're looking for skilled nursing, 1 on 1 care. (well...1 on 2 care but you know what I mean)

Assistance would be nice but we're fortunate enough to be working and can afford care. I am back to my original question....is there a resource out there for hard core skilled care at nearly any price?

Thanks again for the comments

Joe