View Single Post

Old 04-01-2024, 08:48 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Fr View Post
Has anyone used the clogged artery screening offered by this company? If so were the results useful to you and did your primary doctor accept them?

Thanks in advance
I used a similar service from HealthFair about 12 years ago and I was very satisfied. The tests were much more affordable than going the conventional route. This screening would never have been covered by insurance.

Ignorance is not bliss. I personally think it is foolish to wait until you experience symptoms from cardiovascular diseases and cancer before you do any testing. Heart disease and stroke are the number one killer in the USA. The earlier you know the better. It is also good to have a baseline for comparison later on.

It also may be a good motivator for people who rarely exercise and eat poorly to improve their lifestyle.

Most doctors put much more emphasis on drugs and surgery than lifestyle changes probably because they know that their patients will not follow their advice. This is too bad because almost all cardiovascular disease are preventable. We know this because there have been epidemiology studies of populations that have almost zero heart attacks and cancer.

A calcium scan is also a good idea. It only costs around $120 and no doctors approval is needed.

And if you are going to disparage a business, ethically you should have some credible information to back it up.