View Single Post

Old 04-02-2024, 07:01 AM
Default Yes, I had this done to my EZ Go RXV when we lived in Port St. Joe, Fl. 2 years ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UptownBee View Post
Hello,

We have a 2022 Yamaha Golf Cart that we would like to make street legal for our Florida vacation home. Through my research, the only items we would need to add are seatbelts, an orange triangle on the back, a lighted license plate holder, and a windshield wiper (our cart already has the other required items). It appears it also needs to be weighed and invoices pertaining to all the required equipment must be presented before you can get a VIN/Title. Has anyone gone through this process and could offer their insight or issues they encountered?

Thanks.
Most all of the responses that were sent back to you are accurate, but no one mentioned that the windshield must be DOT approved, and that alone was $349. Yes, insurance is much higher, and my cost to convert in 2021 was approx. $1200. The only reason that I converted was it allowed me to cross a road to get to the beach. You can't be on a road that has a higher than 35MPH. To get correct info, I went to the Florida DOT, and eventually went to a Fl. Highway Patrol for inspection and VIN. It will only make sense to you, not other opinions, if the positives outweigh the negatives. good Luck