View Single Post

Old 04-05-2024, 05:29 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,483 Times in 2,102 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorfan1 View Post
If 17 digits it is a LSV. Some dealers think writing a letter that it is a golf cart will work for insurance company to write as a golf cart. NOPE. Also, I watched a video that was done in The Villages. Golf carts were going faster than 20 mph which makes then LSV. It is going to get harder to insure golf carts.
17 digits of what?

If you are referring to a VIN then yes, it is an LSV. VINs are not assigned to golf carts, extra work is needed to obtain a VIN. One way to obtain a VIN is to go through the process of converting a golf cart to an LSV then arranging the inspections to show it has the required safety equipment and file a form asking that it be assigned a VIN. If all that was done to say, "this vehicle is a LSV with all the required safety equipment and a VIN" then sure, it should be insured as what it is.

I haven't purchased a 2024 Yamaha cart but I'm sure someone on here has. Are they all, every one, without exception, rolled off the assembly line and assigned VINs as LSVs before reaching the dealer in Florida?

I've mentioned before that I have not acquired the skill to tell a fulltime resident from a snowbird from a non-Villager simply by the way they dress. I have now realized that I also have not acquired the skill to determine within one mph the speed a golf cart is traveling. I cannot tell that the golf cart traveling down the MMP along Morse is going faster than 35mph as reported in another thread and I cannot tell that golf carts were going faster than 20mph in a video. I'm definitely feeling like a failure as an observant Villager.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough