View Single Post

Old 04-05-2024, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
I like both of these sub shops, and I don't really see a huge difference in the quality of the sandwiches. There are now 4 Jersey Mike's stores and about 8 Subways in The Villages area. I think that some will say that Jersey Mike's is way better than Subway. However, I will point out that the Subway footlong is 50 percent larger than the Jersey Mike's regular size, which is only 8 inches long. Both cost about the same price. Is the Jersey Mike's sandwich really worth the same price for 50 percent less food?
When it comes to food, taste comes way before size. We enjoy subs from both Publix and Jersey Mikes.The giant Big Kahuna with chipolte mayo (off menue #99) is our favorite. We get a giant cut into thirds. One for me, one for my wife and one for my wife's husband. Publix are good also especially the Boar's head ones. However they are very poor in following instructions. You could order the same sandwich prepared with the same ingredients and condiments and get a different sandwich 3 days in a row. They cost about half of JM's however.