View Single Post

Old 04-05-2024, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
Talk to me when I can drive 800-1000 miles on one charge.
Are there "gas" cars that go 800-1000 miles? I know our Nissan SUV gets about 330 miles to a full tank. Our EV gets 303 to a full charge.

I do not think they will build vehicles that have a 800-1,000 mile range until they first design a car seat that our butts can survive for 800-1000 miles...

My first EV I had for 57 months. I used a road charging station only once for 12 minutes at a WaWa following a trip from Orlando to Tampa. The rest of the almost five years I simply plugged in at night in our garage. I spent zero minutes stopping at the gas station or pumping gas late at night, in rain, or on my way to work. I never once took it in for service. No service for brakes, oil changes, oil filters, radiator flushes, tune-ups, plugs, air cleaners, etc.

The only "service" in 57 months was a recall on a camera trunk cable. I left the vehicle parked outside in my driveway while I went to work (company car). The "mechanic" came to the house, unlocked and worked on the vehicle and I did not miss any time at work.

There are advantages to both. No periodic maintenance and no refueling every few days with gas are in the plus column for me.

We still have a gas car for trips back up to New York....

Pros and cons to both...