View Single Post

Old 04-06-2024, 02:01 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,103 Times in 379 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by babbcastle View Post
We are in need of some repair on our irrigation system. We are looking for recommendations, please.
Irrigation system repairs cover a variety of items, many of which you might easily do yourself. Perhaps if you gave a brief description of what you sense is needed, and if you have any interest and ability to do some minor repairs, you could get better recommendations.

Just a few thoughts. When you say repair, what comes to mind is the actual nozzles not performing as intended due to aiming, malfunction, breakage, obstruction etc. I am sure that you will find some source that will "tune up" your system at some given cost per sprinkling device.

Some issues such as aiming is likely a simple twisting adjustment, or a simple replacement of a $1 sprinkling nozzle. Obstruction could be sod growing over a sprinkling head and is correctible by removal of the sod over that spot. Other easily correctable obstructions could be plant growth. Perhaps a riser can be easily installed.

I found it worthwhile to map my lawn sprinkling zones, identifying the number, type and location of each sprinkling device by zone as well as any problem associated with any device.

I could go on as could others, but it really depends upon your interest and capabilities.

Otherwise, let others advise as to whom might be able to help. Best wishes.