View Single Post

Old 04-06-2024, 07:19 PM
Sage

You might want to look at switching to Plan G. If you have UHC Medicare Supplemental (aka AARP) then you can switch without going through underwriting if you are enrolled in FL. Other plans may require underwriting. The only difference is that Plan F includes the $240 Part B annual deductible but Plan G doesn't. However, you will probably find that the Plan G annual premium cost is more than $240 less than Plan F. Plan N is even lower cost than Plan G but may have up to $20 copays and possibly "excess charges" but those are rare. It has the same $240 Part B deductible as Plan G.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
Thanks, we are paying through the nose for Plan F, but we see it as the cost of sleep. It has worked seamlessly in two situations, so far. The ROI has mostly had to do with the lack of aggravation because we did not need to jump through any hoops with insurance companies. If Medicare pays, the supplement follows suit. Medicare paid and so did Plan F. We never got a bill.

I never say anything critical when friends talk about their low premiums for their Advantage Plans because it is their choice…….

And I know in some circumstances their decision to go with the much lower premium of an Advantage Plan is necessarily budgetary — and I would never say anything critical or intrusive about someone’s money situation. I understand those — and it would be excruciatingly tacky and obnoxious of me to wax on about paying higher premiums. I don’t behave like that.

Outside of budgetary constraints, there are others who do not need to go for the lowest premium — but are wired to pinch that buffalo, no matter what.

Plan F is no longer available anyway. I think Plan G is the next one with the most coverage.

If I am asked by those who are getting to Medicare age about what they should do, I tell them what we do and explain the trade-offs so they can make their own decisions.

Everything is relative when it comes to money decisions. We each do what we need to do — or think we need to do — for whatever reasons.

But we boomers and beyond need to be especially aware of what those we give the power can do — and will do — to our choices. We are in a time when we just might find ourselves needing to look past our philosophies when it comes to things that will not affect us personally and stay aware of what’s in the cards for Medicare when we hear those “promises” — that never elaborate on the fact that the intention is to privatize it all. If that happens, the rich will get richer and the sick will get sicker while spending time and energy fighting insurance companies that will then be holding allll the cards.

Aging people are expensive to the government, but even so, we should at least be left with the right to choose our own type of coverage and not be thrown totally into Advantage Plans that are HMOs that put CEOs and stockholders above patient care.

I will also say though that our plan F is becoming ridiculously expensive, but we are not on the later end of the Boom, so we are just going to hold our noses and pay up. Like I said, everything is relative.

Boomer