View Single Post

Old 04-07-2024, 05:39 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,524 Times in 2,129 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMB444 View Post
If I make an appointment at the Wildwood County Tax Collector/DMV site can I get my car registered/tags, new license and register to vote all at once? Or is there something that needs to get done first before the other.

Website is not specific about how to get it all done at the same time.

I'd like to make an appointment within the week of moving into my new place if possible.

Thanks!
You need to look at these two pages from the Sumter County Tax Collector's page:
Drivers License
Titles, Tags, and Registrations

- You will need proof of age and identity. A Real ID compliant license from another state *might* be sufficient (I don't recall) but a passport and social security card will work.
- You will need proof of Florida address (two different pieces)

- You will need the original title for your current vehicle
- You will need VIN verification. They might be able to do this at the tax collector's office or there is a form you can take to a sheriff's office to have it done
- You will need to know which style of Florida plate you want, there are several to choose from
- You will need proof of Florida insurance for the vehicle

All of the above is explained on the tax collector's site.

I believe you can register to vote on the same form that you apply for the drivers license.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough