View Single Post

Old 04-07-2024, 09:12 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,455 Times in 2,094 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Iwaszko View Post
With all the issues in Florida today, this is what they work on........simple minded people...........glad his next job will be at Disney as Goofy

How will this affect Florida residents making an order through a food delivery app?
For starters, Floridians will no longer see different prices listed on delivery apps from the restaurant's menu. They will not be allowed to inflate, decrease, or alter a food service establishment’s pricing unless it is already agreed upon.
That statement is an oxymoron. Floridians *WILL* see different prices if it has been agreed upon with the restaurant. The delivery platform can no longer unilaterally increase food prices in order to hide fees BUT they can charge those fees to the restaurant which might agree to increase food prices to cover them.

Quote:
Additionally, customers will have more communication with establishments during the preparation of orders, during delivery and for up to two hours after a courier picks up the order. The law also states delivery firms must provide consumers with a way to express order concerns directly with the restaurants."
That is not what the bill says.
Today, customers can have as much communication with the restaurant as they want; there is nothing preventing me from picking up the phone and calling. What the bill does is provide the customer's contact information to the restaurant so that the restaurant can initiate a contact. It isn't that I need to order anonymously but I just don't see the value to me to have the restaurant calling me while I am eating.

Second, the law does not state that delivery firms must provide a way to express order concerns directly with the restaurants. I can already do that, I pick up a phone and express my concerns. What the law states in 4(d) is that the delivery platform must provide a mechanism for the consumer to express order concerns directly to the platform. I don't quite understand what this means, I thought I could already comment on the Uber Eats or DoorDash service, but it is between the consumer and the service not the consumer and the restaurant.

Text of the bill itself

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough