View Single Post

Old 04-07-2024, 07:22 PM

There was a thread back in January/February with several folks having the battery drain issue. There were two or three that indicated they had their Cheetah speedometer rewired to the ignition switch and that had solved their problem. I’m not very knowledgeable about electrical systems, so I was trying to determine who they had do the rewire job. I don’t know where the speedometer was originally wired in their carts. Mine has always gone dark, apparently off, when I turn the ignition switch off. I suppose it could be drawing current even though it appears to be off. I don’t have a radio installed, and don’t have anything plugged into the USB port.

My original battery was replaced at about 9 months, after going dead after sitting about two weeks. Went bad again in a few months after sitting a week and I charged it. A couple of months ago went dead again after about a week not driven. Had it taken to Villages Golf Cars and they said battery tested ok and they only charged it. Dead again today after sitting about a week. I’m not sure of the brand of the original battery, but I noted today that the battery is from Batteries and Bulbs.

I guess I don’t really trust Villages Golf Cars to look at it again. Their advice a couple of months ago was to drive it every couple of days. My 2015 Yamaha could sit much longer without being driven and didn’t go dead for five years before replacement.