View Single Post

Old 04-08-2024, 06:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,722 Times in 3,191 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty_Star View Post
I would like to see the gate attendants slow down the incoming guest traffic. On a gate entrance I use frequently they open the gate as soon as they see a truck or car heading their way. The end result is the entering guest traffic has no slow down what so ever & they frequently just speed through the entrance.
There are a couple of newer gate attendants where I am, who leave the gate opened and wave at people coming in. Meanwhile, on the other side of the gate is Paradise Road and a 3-way stop-sign, where people are sitting in their vehicles trying to figure out when it'll be their turn to go. In front of the gate, is a stop sign. That stop sign is completely ignored when the attendant opens the gate and waves people through.

Meanwhile, residents using the "right lane" gate, will want to take a left after the gate onto Paradise, while visitors using the "left lane" gate will want to take a right after the gate onto Paradise.

By leaving the visitor gate open all the time without consideration of traffic at the resident gate, it opens up the opportunity for crashes. It's even more harrowing when you're walking up Paradise from the postal station, on the correct (left) side of the road, and have to walk across that entry where people coming from the left gate are heading toward you, people coming from the right gate are going straight, the car in front of you is hoping to take a right while the car on the right of you wants to go out the gate.

And then - one of those people coming in from the gate that the attendant leaves open, decides they're going to stop all traffic by stopping to let you walk across. But the OTHER guy in the other lane wasn't planning on stopping (since why should he, he doesn't have a stop sign, he's already gone through the gate). And you just stand there waving everyone on and hoping they'll get out of your way so you can continue your walk and get home before the fire ants start climbing up your ankles.