Thread: Ay Jalisco
View Single Post

Old 04-13-2024, 06:46 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ski Bum View Post
Because taco sauce is not Mexican food. Ground beef is not mexican food. Burritos are not Mexican food. Fajitas are not Mexican food. Chips and salsa is definitely not Mexican food. Ay Jalisco is fine, you just need to order the Mexican food, not the Americanized garbage. The cooks hold their noses when they make that stuff. Look at a map of Mexico, it's mostly shoreline... that means seafood. Also soup... there are 6 varieties on the menu. For meat, ribs are authentic, although I haven't had them there. Tacos al carbon, al pastor, de camaron, de pescado, asada, all are authentic. If you like heat, get the Camarones al la diabla, they are spectacular. On a hot day, get the shrimp cocktail. It's a huge meal. Don't get me wrong, I like me some pink slime tacos from Taco Bell, but that's not Mexican food.
Sorry to say but a burrito is Mexican food. To a Mexican it is just a form of taco. Search for a show taco chronicles on Netflix each show covers a type of taco. Season 2 episode 5 burrito. Episode 4 is the American taco you guessed it not Mexican but they assimilated it and made it there own.