Thread: Ay Jalisco
View Single Post

Old 04-13-2024, 07:24 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,898 Times in 807 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
Very mediocre food and terrible service. I asked the server if they could make the tacos with ground beef. She said yes, but brought me tacos with shredded pork, and never returned to the table. I left no tip.

I hate to say it, but the best tacos in The Villages are at Taco Bell. They use ground beef, and they have actual taco sauce. Other Mexican restaurants use shredded beef or chicken, and, if you ask for taco sauce, you get a blank stare.
Lots of restaurants around here are screwing up orders. Last night I ate at MezzaLuna. My date asked for her eggplant Parmigiana with no mozzarella on top and no pasta, but it came with the cheese. Wednesday night we went to Thai Ruby and specified no rice, but they brought it on the side. It happens.

I first went to Taco Bell in 1972 and soon was eating there several times a week. However, if your idea of an edible taco is Taco Bell, I can’t trust you to judge any other tacos. Hard taco shells are not Mexican, and ground beef on tacos is not Mexican, and while I like Taco Bell hot sauce a lot, it is not like any salsa I’ve eaten in Mexico. If you read this, go to Netflix and search under Taco Chronicles and watch that enthralling documentary about the varieties of real tacos in Mexico, none made with hard shells or ground beef. Last time I was in Mexico I got to eat tacos like this every day with tortillas hand made on the spot. So delicious! Nothing at all like Taco Bell tacos, which are NOT delicious.