View Single Post

Old 04-14-2024, 08:53 AM
Default Threads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Hasn’t this been thoroughly discussed on a more CURRENT thread?
Interesting question. Caused me some ponderage over why it might have arisen. Guessing that the way that *I* access this forum ain't the "standard" means. I basically only think to look at TOTV because of the daily (usually) reminder in my email "in box", and I guess I don't actually look at all of the forum (fora?), but rather only "Yesterdays Hot Topics" as listed in that daily email update.

OTOH, the reason I saw the recent comments from *this* thread was due to a separate email to me pointing out that there had been a new comment - apparently due to the fact that I am somehow "subscribed" to said thread. Don't really have all that good an understanding of how that works, either.

So, what I now have to wonder is whether my daily access technique (via email reminder) is substandard and drops me to a lower forum status level. And, are less timely posts considered something like "littering"? I try to be a good citizen. What are the (unwritten?) rules over which such a question has been raised?

Or, was it the perceived "thoroughness" of the discussion that is the issue? And how does one keep up with "CURRENT"ness? What are the proper and accepted expiration dates? Guess I'm trying to figure out why bringing up the points under discussion "here and now" don't seem to bother me. Is it a mere lack of sophistication on my part? TIA