View Single Post

Old 04-15-2024, 06:02 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justputt View Post
IMO, if you sold your primary home to buy and move to TV, i.e. mortgage free., it's pretty affordable here. The estimated monthly expenses the TV puts out are comfortably lower than SSI. Beyond that, unless you eat out and party out a lot, there's not much in expenses unless the great unknown (healthcare) hits hard and exceeds the lifetime cap, so long-term care needs to be factored in. From my very first job I was advised to always max out my 401k, 403b, Keogh, SEP IRA, etc. and that advice served us well, and I passed that advice to our kids. The advice is the same I'd give any young person, "live within your means, buy what you need, and think carefully about things you just want."
I couldn't agree more,, what seems like common-sense to some, seems like an overly austere lifestyle to others,, not so, at least to me and I suspect you, but it is a matter of one's emotional relationship to money, like credit it can be your master or your servant , instant gratification or looking at a farther horizon ?